Green Curry (Kang Keaw Wan/แกงเขียวหวาน)
Green Curry is the one of favorite food for Thai people. The teste of green curry is sweet and the colour is green (keaw / เขียว = green, wan / หวาน = sweet in Thai). Green Curry is eaten with rice or Khanom Jeen (ขนมจีน).
How To Make Green Curry
300 grams of chicken (you can use pork or meat as your desire)
1/2 cup fish balls
1 cup coconut thick cream
3 cups coconut milk 3 coriander roots
1 tsp. pepper
2 cloves garlic
4 tbsp. fish sauce
1/3 cup crisp eggplant
1/3 cup sweet basil
4 red chili peppers (cut diagonally)
1/2 cup sliced diagonally galingale
1/2 cup cooked chicken's blood (optional)
Green curry paste
25 green chili peppers (more or less as you prefer)
1 tbsp. coriander seed
1 tbsp. cumin powder
10 dried peppers
3 red onions
5 cloves garlic
2 tsp. minced galangal
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. shrimp paste
1 tbsp. sliced lemongrass
1 tsp. sliced kaffir lime skin
1 tbsp. minced galingale (peel off the skin first)
1. Fry all the green curry paste ingredients together and finely or find the green curry paste from the store.
2. Fry coriander roots, dried peppers and garlic after that mix it with the chicken.
3. Boil the coconut cream with low heat until it's boiling. Add paste and keep stirring until it smells nice.
4. Put chicken and add the rest of coconut milk wait for 15 mins and don't stir.
5. After that, add fish balls, cooked chicken's blood, eggplant, sliced galingale, sweet basil and red chili peppers.
6. Turn of the fire and serve the green curry with rice or khanom jeen.